I grew up in Minnesota with a love for the outdoors, strong friendships, family, relaxation, and adventure. I moved to Washington state for college and my love for the wilderness. Intending to pursue a career in material science, I discovered during my senior year of college I was more interested in the inner workings of people rather than molecules and shifted my focus to developing a career in the helping profession.
Along the way I’ve also guided multi-day sea kayaking trips in British Columbia, canoe trips in the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota, and dog-mushing tours in Bend, Oregon.
I’ve spent my professional career specializing in the treatment of Eating Disorders and worked as a Therapist, Partial Hospitalization Program Administrator, and Program Director in Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, and Partial Hospitalization Programs. While guiding wilderness trips and working for a non-profit after college, I focused on adolescent and young adult personal development and group facilitation. I have over a decade of experience helping adolescents and adults overcome personal challenges and mental illness in a variety of settings. Ongoing development of my own mindfulness practice and integration of my approach to therapy in my own life is an important part of my work as a therapist and in my personal life.
In addition to my private practice, I am also a licensing, accreditation, and program development consultant to a variety of Behavioral Health Organizations specializing in the treatment of women’s mental health issues. I assist organizations in obtaining state licensure or third party accreditation through policy and procedure development and implementation and compliance surveys in an affordable, effective, and individualized approach.
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology
- B.A., Chemistry, University of Puget Sound (Cum Laude)
- Licensing and Accreditation Consultant
- Compliance Consultant, Eating Recovery Center
- Utilization Review Specialist, Eating Recovery Center
- Program Director, The Moore Center for Eating Disorders (Now Eating Recovery Center of Washington)
- Partial Hospitalization Program Administrator, The Moore Center for Eating Disorders
- Therapist, The Moore Center For Eating Disorders
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Association of Contextual Behavioral Science
- Suicide Prevention Coalition of Colorado
- Eating Disorder Foundation Group Facilitator (2015-2017)
- Denver Metro iaedp, Education Chair (2016-2020)
- Denver Metro iaedp, President (current)
Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor
Minnesota Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Certified Eating Disorders Specialist, International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals